ADSM-L

Antwort: [ADSM-L] The max recovery log utilization is too high

2006-01-12 07:20:13
Subject: Antwort: [ADSM-L] The max recovery log utilization is too high
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:05:06 +0100
Hi, Marcelo!

i think you have to extend your log space, preventing an overflow-desaster;
what you have to do is:
1. if you have no ressources for an extend you have to create them before,
with dsmfmt -m -log /path/filename
2. define logvolume /path/filename
3. extend log 512 (i.e for 512MB)

This is well explained in the tsm admins guide. I have util never ever more
then 70%, I extend log if it reaches 60% util.

Regards, Dierk

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Marcelo Barreto |
|         |           <mbarreto@DEDICA|
|         |           DO.COM>         |
|         |           Gesendet von:   |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor|
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           11.01.2006 18:28|
|         |           Bitte antworten |
|         |           an "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        An:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                            |
  |        Kopie:
                                                                     |
  |        Thema:   [ADSM-L] The max recovery log utilization is too high

Hi,
    I receive the message "The max recovery log utilization is too high"
in my TSM daily report, if I query log (q log) the operation result is:

Available Assigned  Maximum   Maximum   Page S  Total Us  Used Pag  Pct
Max.
 Space (M Capacity   Extensi   Reducti  Size (  sable Pa       ges  Util
. Pct
      MB)     (MB)  ion (MB)  ion (MB) (bytes)      ages
Util
-----
    1,100    1,100         0     1,092   4,096   281,088       355   0.1
100.0

             Is that message important? How could I fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo Barreto