ADSM-L

Re: Amount of data backed up per node

2006-01-10 13:28:51
Subject: Re: Amount of data backed up per node
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:28:26 -0500
I tried the macro that Ben sent, with the same results, there DOES appear
to be a bug.

Thanks!

Does anyone know a way around besides upgrading?

Dave Zarnoch
Nationwide Provident
zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com
W 302-452-4197
C  302-462-8703

                      David E Ehresman
                      <deehre01@LOUISVI        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      LLE.EDU>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] Amount of
data backed up per node
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      01/10/2006 12:59
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

You're on an old version of the server code.  Somewhere back around that
level there was a bug that made the data in the summary table
unreliable.  You may be seeing that bug.

David

>>> zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM 01/10/06 12:32 PM >>>
I want to print out the amount of data that each node backs up daily.

I have a macro that I THOUGHT was working properly but some nodes are
now
showing
0 MB transferred when I know his is not true.

Here's the macro:

SELECT entity AS "Node name",CAST(sum(bytes/1024/1024) AS decimal(8,2))
AS
"MB xfer" FROM sum
mary WHERE activity='BACKUP' AND start_time>=current_timestamp - 24
hours
GROUP BY entity

What's wrong with this?

Server Version 5, Release 1, Level 6.2