ADSM-L

Re: Primary disk pool volume limit

2006-01-08 21:07:45
Subject: Re: Primary disk pool volume limit
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:06:59 -0600
The only errors are TCP/IP connection failures or refusals on the client
and the server.  The command line admin client is also unable to connect
so running a trace is tough.  We have eliminated the network as causing
the problem.  Since TSM does not recover from the problem a restart is
required.

When I do a show thread there is a line that is "Thread table size". I
am assuming that is a thread limit of some sort.  Do you know if this is
correct?

I have reduced the storage pool volume count by about 150 and TSM was
able to handle more sessions before it would no longer accept
connections.  This makes we believe that there is some sort of limit on
the number of threads that is well below the AIX 5.1 limit.  This limit
may be something doing with available RAM or some other cause.  I do
think I inadvertently found the cliff and jumped...

Andy Huebner