ADSM-L

Re: Running tapes off-site multiple times in a day?

2006-01-06 16:34:04
Subject: Re: Running tapes off-site multiple times in a day?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:34:00 -0500
You've looked us up!

Unfortunately, both the Lodz and Reynosa facilities are in industrial
parks. We did get high-speed internet in Lodz, but working (even
indirectly) with Telephonos de Mexico has caused my network admin
neighbor to start loosing his hair (it was already grey).

Plus, or local telco is Verizon, and we just re-signed with AT&T for the
leased services . . . and AT&T and SBC are still trying to figure out
who bought whom . . .

Actually, its beginning to look like I can get there from here with the
additional (planned) tape drives, the upgrade to TSM 5.3 (also planned),
a second reclaim window, from midnight to about 6:00 AM, and a re-write
of my off-site copy script (which may require coffee on an IV . . .)

Tom