ADSM-L

Re: Primary disk pool volume limit

2006-01-05 23:30:01
Subject: Re: Primary disk pool volume limit
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:29:26 -0600
Maybe I should have pointed out that this is not a theoretical question.
Are 1800 volumes too many?  We have been experiencing TCP connection
failures since reaching this number.  The reason for the large number of
volumes is both sad and tragic and the situation will be corrected in
the next few weeks.  Until the new VTL's are on-line I am stuck and TSM
requires several restarts to make it though the night.
The number of volumes may not be the problem, but it is the last thing
done between the time it was working and when it went bad.  And IBM is
working on the problem.

Andy Huebner