ADSM-L

Re: Running tapes off-site multiple times in a day?

2006-01-05 11:31:10
Subject: Re: Running tapes off-site multiple times in a day?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:31:11 -0500
We'll be adding 6 more drives in a few weeks -- to a total of 16. I have
6 off-site copy pools, one of which never goes through reclaim as it's a
21-day archive pool. I'm most concerned about the process for wrapping
up an in-process reclaim and getting the tape out of the drive by the
time the afternoon database backup finishes (I do full backups to LTO --
currently runs about 20 minutes).

I figure I'll need to open a reclaim window in the 2 AM to 6 AM time
frame in order to get everything done.

And I'd REALLY like to spend the money and put in the telecom circuit
instead.

Tom