ADSM-L

Re: Generate backupset with manual drive

2006-01-04 14:08:17
Subject: Re: Generate backupset with manual drive
From: Maurice van 't Loo <tsm AT COMPARECOMPUTERS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:08:12 +0100
> On Jan 4, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Maurice van 't Loo wrote:
>
> > I want to generate a backupset to a manual drive.
> > In the Device Class, i set the mountlimit to 1, that's all
> i can set
> > about the number of mountpoints.
> > But still, if i want to do a generate backupset, i get a messages:

> > ANR3512E GENERATE BACKUPSET: Error encountered in accessing data
> > storage - insufficient number of mount points available for
> removable
> > media. ...
>
> In most scenarios, two mount points are needed, where the
> source and destination are both removable media.
>
>    Richard Sims

The source is devclass FILE with a mount limit of 32.
The destination is a manual LTO drive, so with a mount limit of 1.

If i generate a backupset with as sourse and destination FILE, there is no
problem.

If i do a DB Backup to the manual drive, there is the same ANR3512E error
message.

I just made a Copy STGpool with this manual drive, and also not possible to
backup the primairy pool:
ANR1217E BACKUP STGPOOL: Process 7 terminated - insufficient number of mount
points available for removable media.

The only place where i can set the mountpoint is in the Devclass, and that's
on 1...

Any more idea's?

Thanks in advance,
Maurice van 't Loo