ADSM-L

Generate backupset with manual drive

2006-01-04 13:05:54
Subject: Generate backupset with manual drive
From: Maurice van 't Loo <tsm AT COMPARECOMPUTERS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:05:41 +0100
Hi All,

I want to generate a backupset to a manual drive.
In the Device Class, i set the mountlimit to 1, that's all i can set about
the number of mountpoints.
But still, if i want to do a generate backupset, i get a messages:

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: GENERATE BACKUPSET
SERVER.EBRO.LOCAL woensdag * DEVCLASS=TAPE RETENTION=6 VOLUMENAMES=woensdag
SCRATCH=NO WAIT=NO
ANR0984I Process 4 for GENERATE BACKUPSET started in the BACKGROUND at
18:50:23.
ANR0609I GENERATE BACKUPSET started as process 4.
ANR3500I Backup set for node SERVER.EBRO.LOCAL as WOENSDAG.119810 being
generated.
ANR3512E GENERATE BACKUPSET: Error encountered in accessing data storage -
insufficient number of mount points available for removable media.
ANR3503E Generation of backup set for SERVER.EBRO.LOCAL as WOENSDAG.119810
failed.
ANR0985I Process 4 for GENERATE BACKUPSET running in the BACKGROUND
completed
with completion state FAILURE at 18:50:23.

Anyone an idea?
The tape is labelled and in the drive.

TSM Server 5.3.2.0 @ Win2003
Device drivers installed.
Tapedrive = "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Tape Drives" @ HP Ultrium-1
internal SCSI drive.
No storage pools defined.

Generation of backupset to FILE devclass is no problem.

Regards,
Maurice van 't Loo

### I tried also an database backup, same message.