ADSM-L

Re: [Fwd: dsmc.nlm module does not show up memory]

2006-01-04 12:08:56
Subject: Re: [Fwd: dsmc.nlm module does not show up memory]
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:08:12 -0600
Sounds like the console hung while trying to load the client.  The bad
news is it means you need to reboot the server from the web-admin page,
and you'll probably never know why it happened.  The good news is that
it's usually rare.  We've never had it happen upon loading the tsm
client, but we have occassionally seen it while unloading dsmcad.nlm.
It's not limited to tsm either.  Other nlm's being loaded or unloaded
will occassionally hang the console screen (antivirus is famous for that
around here).  If you've got a second console screen loaded you're ok,
otherwise you just need to reboot the server.   Now if dsmc is
consistently causing this problem on this particular server, that would
be a whole different ball'a'wax.

>>> Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US 1/4/2006 10:33:03 AM >>>

Just to follow up on my last email there are no errors regarding
DSMC.NLM
in the console.log or on the screen and it does not show up in memory.
the DSMCAD.NLM console screen that shows it is loading DSMC.NLM.

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Client Acceptor - Built Nov 24 2004 22:41:54
Version 5, Release 3, Level 0.0
Dsmcad is working in Webclient Schedule mode.
ANS3000I HTTP communications available on port 1581.
Command will be executed
in 1 minute.
Time remaining until execution:
Executing scheduled command now.

Thanks

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.