ADSM-L

Re: Question on combining libraries

2006-01-04 12:07:10
Subject: Re: Question on combining libraries
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:07:05 -0500
HI DUDE!  Happy New Year!

Sounds to me like that will work.  TSM will certainly let you have
multiple devclasses pointing to the same library.

I would just test it - update the devclass, check a cartridge out of
your 3583 library, check it in to the 3584 library, see if you can run
AUDIT.

BUT, I don't see how your offsite tapes are an issue - you're never
going to WRITE to them again on those LTO3 drives.
So won't the appropriate action be to do MOVE DATAs from the 3583 LTO1
carts to the 3584 LTO3 carts?

Or are you planning to keep the LTO1's in the 3584?  In that case you
have to partition the library, anyway?

Wanda