ADSM-L

Re: 3584 logical library

2005-12-30 16:37:22
Subject: Re: 3584 logical library
From: Jim Zajkowski <jamesez AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:20:45 -0500
On Dec 28, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Aaron Durkee wrote:

When I eject a tape from one logical library into the exit / entry
port and want to check it back into the other logical library via
the exit / entry port I need to go to the web interface for the
3584 (or lcd panel) and manually move the tape to the other logical
partition.

We have the same behavior here; the 3584 virtualizes the IO door
between all library partitions, so tapes put in there by one
partition do not show up in another.  Similarly, when you open the IO
door the 3584 asks you which partition to assign the tapes to, and
the tapes in the door at that point only show up there.

--Jim