ADSM-L

Re: Novell backups

2005-12-30 09:52:26
Subject: Re: Novell backups
From: David W Litten <dlitten AT DUKE-ENERGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:51:56 -0500
Rich,

You could try parallel processing through setting the RESOURCEUTILIZATION 4
in your dsm.opt file. You may also need to increase the number of
MaxMountPoints allowed for this node to say 5.

david

             Richard
             Mochnaczewski
             <Richard.Mochnacz                                          To
             ewski@STANDARDLIF         ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
             E.CA>                                                      cc
             Sent by: "ADSM:
             Dist Stor                                             Subject
             Manager"                  [ADSM-L] Novell backups
             <[email protected]
             .edu>

             12/29/2005 12:37
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .edu>

Hi Everybody,

Is there a way to schedule multiple Novell backups to run simultaneously
for one node ? We are having trouble with our backups completing in a
timely manner as we have thousand of files which are being scanned for
backup. What we would like to do is have the volume on the node split out
and backed up through multiple sessions simultaneously. Is this possible ?

Rich