ADSM-L

Automated restore

2005-12-28 13:16:52
Subject: Automated restore
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:16:15 -0500
Hello,

I have a server at customer locations that's running backup every night.
I want to automate restore process at backup site. This is a server that
they will use in case of disaster in office. I'm doing backup every
night at office and I want to do 'incremental' restore at backup site,
so this server will be 'synchronized ' with office server.

I wanted to install scheduler with restore as action in define schedule
command. Then I realized that server in office will see this schedule
and run it. I'm using same node name on both servers. It is kind of
logical problem (chicken and egg.) If I don't use same nodename, I won't
be able to restore.

Regards,

Joe Crnjanski
Infinity Network Solutions Inc.