ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client for z/OS

2005-12-23 05:50:03
Subject: Re: TSM Client for z/OS
From: "Gee, Norman" <Norman.Gee AT LC.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:12:11 -0800
As everyone has says, the z/OS TSM client will only backup the Unix
Services or OMVS part of z/OS.  3592-J1A drives are cheaper than
3590-H1A drives and a whole lot faster.  A few of these drives on a
3592-J70 controller can consume a FICON express 2 channel.  If you have
FICON available, consider the 3592 drives.  You will get 300 GB
cartridges vs. 60 GB cartridges. It time to make some investment on your
z/OS system.  Storagetek (AKA Sun) also make tape drives compatible with
mainframes.