ADSM-L

Fwd: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape assignments as a mass-flow problem...

2005-12-21 17:08:38
Subject: Fwd: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape assignments as a mass-flow problem...
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:08:32 -0600
Fred Johanson
--- Begin Message ---
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT uchicago DOT edu>
To: Allen S. Rout <asr AT ufl DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:19:30 -0600
Allen,

I don't know if your situation is the same as ours, but I've
found that in 5.3.2.1 with a Library Server Manager (ours
handles a 3494 and a 3584 four 4 TSM servers on separate
machines) under some circumstances as yet undtermined a
volume that goes thru STGDELETE on a client server goes to
SCRATCH, but the owner is the LSM, so the volume isn't usable
in the general scratch pool.  I'll try and determine those
circumstances when I get back next year.