ADSM-L

Fw: Tape assignments as a mass-flow problem...

2005-12-21 12:01:51
Subject: Fw: Tape assignments as a mass-flow problem...
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:01:32 -0500
It doesn't help with your process, but one common drain of tapes is DRM -
if you're doing a "delete volhist type=dbb todate=-X" and X is less than
the value for DRMDBEXPIREDAYS (I think that's what it's called) found in
your "query drmstat" output, you'll leave your old TSM DBBackup tapes in
the vault.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 12/21/2005 11:59 AM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/21/2005
11:42:12 AM: