ADSM-L

manual tape drive

2005-12-19 10:20:28
Subject: manual tape drive
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:19:19 -0800
I've set up TSM 5.3 in a test environment with an external dat drive.
Unfortunately since I've only worked with automated libraries I don't know
the process for checking in a scratch tape to use with TSM. I also haven't
been able to find the solution in the manuals so I was wondering if someone
could help me out please? I guess I'm not sure why the commands seem to be
readily available for automated libraries but not this case. I've been able
to label some tapes just fine.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com