ADSM-L

Re: TDPO and different Management Class

2005-12-17 06:25:51
Subject: Re: TDPO and different Management Class
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:41:43 +0100
On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 10:44:38AM +0000, David McClelland wrote:

>    As the other guys have pointed out, there should be a single
>    management class with the well-known set-in-stone backup copygroup
>    retention policies as a destination for DP for Oracle backups. Take a

I'd like to repeat a tip I got right here on the list: multiple management
classes for TDP for Oracle can be quite handy. Every management class
should have the same retention policy, but you can vary the storagepool
destination.

That way, you can send e.g. your archivelogs to a diskpool and regular
backups directly to tape by using the RMAN FORMAT parameter and the
INCLUDE-option in the TSM API configuration.

--
Jurjen Oskam