ADSM-L

Re: TDPO and different Management Class

2005-12-16 01:15:31
Subject: Re: TDPO and different Management Class
From: Kurt Beyers <Kurt.Beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:12:11 +0100
Hi Muthu,

The retention time of Oracle backups is completely controlled by Oracle. Any
Oracle backup always receive a unique name in TSM and will thus never expire.

The backupsets must be deleted with RMAN scripts and RMAN will delete then the
corresponding entries in the TSM database too.

If you want to keep certain backups like 1YEAR and 5YEAR, I just would take a
full export of the database and include it then in the FS backup of TSM. There
you can store it to the corresponding management class.

best regards,
Kurt