ADSM-L

again : Slow restore

2005-12-14 09:26:00
Subject: again : Slow restore
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:25:39 +0100
Hi all,

We use TSM-Server V 5.2.4.3 on AIX 5.2 ML6. Problem with w2k-clients TSM
5.3.0.5 / 5.3.0.14.

A restore of even a small directory with 1 file and 4 empty subdirectories
takes about 2h 10 min if I use the Web-Cli and select the complete
Directory. If I select the complete directory and exclude then 1 empty
subdirectory it finished in 1.5 min. If I try to restore the remaining empty
directory it again workes a very long time (I cancelled the job after 40
min). If I select the directory, the 1 file inside and the remaining
directory restore completes after some minutes.

What has that to do with "no query restore" and what does the server sort
(for hours) in memory (if I understand correctly) if I only select 1 empty
directory ???

Can anybody give me an answer

Thanks

Christoph