ADSM-L

Re: Novell error

2005-12-14 07:17:17
Subject: Re: Novell error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:16:37 -0500
On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:24 AM, Robert Ouzen wrote:

Richard

If you please another little question as you said with Jre 1.31 no
problem at all , with Jre 1.41 I made the change you suggest and
work fine, but I have station with Jre 1.50 an there I did not
find  how to disable the cache option.

Do you suggest to uninstall this version and to install the 1.41 ???

Well, you're over quota, but...  :-)
I should think that caching could be turned off in just about any
level of Java:
it's just a matter of finding the control, which may relocate in a
new level.
For 1.5.0, the following doc mentions how to turn it off:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deployment/deployment-guide/
jcp.html

I don't know what platform that "station" is. Java controls can be in
different
places in different operating systems.  In Mac OS X, for example,
it's in the
Utilities folder, Java subfolder, where launching "Java 1.4.2 Plugin
Settings",
for example, will provide the controls.

   Richard Sims