ADSM-L

Re: TSM Migration

2005-12-09 10:53:04
Subject: Re: TSM Migration
From: Jack Coats <Jack.Coats AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:36:54 -0600
There may be technical issues, but from what I can tell it is a
religious issue for AIX vs Linux.  Both are good solutions.  Even a well
configured Windows solutions works, but it is not my preferred solution.

IMHO, a best fit solution for TSM is probably an AIX solution.  But if
you have no AIX experience on staff, and do have solid Linux people
available, then there is a reason for Linux in your environment.

If you are primarily a LINUX shop (or going to be), then going to LINUX
makes sense to me.

As always, YMMV.
Privileged and Confidential: The information contained in this e-mail message
is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended
recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this document in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
by e-mail, and delete the original message.