ADSM-L

Re: DRM Recovery Plan File Implememtation

2005-12-07 15:12:23
Subject: Re: DRM Recovery Plan File Implememtation
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:08:52 -0500
You DR Plan should be produced each time you create a new DB Backup.  It
contains the instructions on recovering a TSM system to its state as of
a DB backup and should therefore by synched with the backup.

David

>>> melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM 12/07/05 2:56 PM >>>
I am implemention a schedule to execute the prepare command using our
dbsnapshots as the source.  The dbsnapshots are scheduled to run twice
week to coincide with our biweekly pickup of tapes to be shipped off
our vaulting location for disaster recovery purposes.  My question is,
how often should I run the schedule to prepare the recovery plan file?
Should I only have it run after each dbsnapshot?  Should I run it each
day?  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Mel Dennis