ADSM-L

Towards speedier Exports

2005-12-06 04:41:04
Subject: Towards speedier Exports
From: "Pretorius Louw <louw AT sun.ac DOT za>" <louw AT SUN.AC DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:41:06 +0200
Hi,

This might be a stupid question, but here goes.

Currently our Monthly Exports take about 4 days to complete mostly I
think because of the high amount of files involved.  Anyways we are
thinking of ways to speed this process up a bit and was wondering if we
could do this by using Diskpools or disk-based interim measures.

Does anyone have an idea regarding this ?

Regards

Louw Pretorius

Informasie Tegnologie

Stellenbosch Universiteit

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand
binary and those who don't