ADSM-L

Disk requirements for TSM database restore

2005-11-30 11:53:07
Subject: Disk requirements for TSM database restore
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:52:24 -0500
I am working on plans for disaster recovery at a hot site that will not
necessarily have the same number and size disks as our primary site. I know
that a TSM database restore does not require matching volume sizes, as long
as the aggregate size of the replacement volumes is sufficient. However, I
am not sure of the criterium for sufficiently. Experience at previous
disaster recovery tests indicates that it is not sufficient to have room
for the used pages. Is it neccessary to equal or exceed the available space
in the original configuration, or only to equal or exceed the allocated
space in the original configuration?