ADSM-L

Re: Over-ride include exclude options in a dsmc session

2005-11-29 19:04:16
Subject: Re: Over-ride include exclude options in a dsmc session
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:02:31 -0600
Another option is to use the archive function for those Oracle files.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

             Andrew Raibeck
             <storman AT US DOT IBM.C
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Over-ride include exclude
                                       options in a dsmc session

             11/29/2005 04:48
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Here are some options you can think about, or you can create your own
variations. I'm sure there are other methods, too.

* Consider using PRESCHEDULECMD and POSTSCHEDULECMD to stop and start
Oracle 7 while the regularly scheduled incremental backup occurs.

* If the regular incremental backup schedule conflicts with when you can
back up Oracle, see if yuo can find a common timeframe that works for
both.

* Bind the Oracle files to a management class whose copy group FREQUENCY
is set to some nonzero value (7, for example). This will prevent the
regular incremental backup from trying to back the files up if they were
backed up earlier in a separate backup process for Oracle. Then create a
second schedule to back up Oracle, with PRE/POSTSCHEDULECMD options as
mentioned above, and make the schedule a SELECTIVE operation against the
directory/files that contain the Oracle files.

* Create a second node that is just for backing up the Oracle files, with
a schedule that targets just the Oracle directory/files.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-11-29
15:14:47: