ADSM-L

Re: 3592J1A tape drive

2005-11-25 12:21:00
Subject: Re: 3592J1A tape drive
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:20:54 -0500
On Nov 25, 2005, at 1:03 AM, Nicolas Savva wrote:

Hi to all

I am using a 3494 Tape Library within two 3590 tape drive and now i am
trying to add another 2 3592J1A tape drives.

   What private and scratch category do i have to specify in my tape
   library?

The choice is arbitrary, as long as it does not impinge upon the
numbers used by the library instance which supports your earlier,
3590 drives and avoids reserved numbers.

In addition when i connect the two new 3592 tape drive on the FC
Switch and
define the tape drives on the TSM, while i am executing the command
"Q SAN"
i don't receive any answer.

Drives connected to your host system via FibreChannel do not unto
themselves constitute a SAN.

  Richard Sims