ADSM-L

Re: Library sharing

2005-11-23 17:27:57
Subject: Re: Library sharing
From: Helder Garcia <helder.garcia AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:27:50 -0300
You need to define the paths for the library client on the library manager:

LIBMGR = Library Manager
LIBCLT = Library Client (as defined on DEF SERVER)

LIBMGR>def path LIBCLT DRIVEX srctype=server desttype=drive
library=LIBRARYNAME
device=/dev/your_device_as_see_by_libclient_operating_system

Then you create a device class on library client poiting to the shared library

LIBCLT>def devc CLASSNAME library=LIBRARYNAME devtype=DEVTYPE
format=FORMAT  mountlimit=DRIVES

> On 11/24/05, Meadows, Andrew <AMeadows AT bmi DOT com> wrote:
> >
> > Ok I am attempting to install a second TSM server with a shared 3584
> > library and I need some help. Heres the config.
> >
> > Server A aix 5.1 tsm server 5.3.1.6 fiber connection to library
> > Server B same as above.
> >
> > I have set up server to server communications and was able to set up the
> > library on the second server. However I cannot define drives. I am
> > following the redbook walkthrough on this and they say to do a def drive
> > libname drivename. When I do this though I get
> >
> > tsm: NA_TSM_CRIT>def drive 3584a drive01
> > ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED libraries.
> > ANS8001I Return code 3..
> >
> > Is there something I am missing. I know server to server com is
> > working...
> >
> > If I try to def path of course it says drive 01 is not defined....
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Andrew
> > This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and
> > may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
> >
> > If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> > that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> >
> > If you have received this communication in error, please erase
> > all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us
> > immediately.
> >
> > Thank you.

Helder Garcia