ADSM-L

Re: Migrate IBM 3583 to a 3584 library

2005-11-22 11:33:44
Subject: Re: Migrate IBM 3583 to a 3584 library
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:33:21 +0100
Hi Luc,

Luc Beaudoin schrieb:
I all

Did anyone had to migrate a 3583 to a 3584 library ....
Is there any documentation regarding that .... or anyone had done it

We've done it last year. If you use the same drives so that you can
reuse your tapes, it's very simple. Just make sure the name of your
device classes and storage pools stay the same, then you can move the
tapes from the old library to your new one. After updating the new
library's inventory (just restarting it) and doing an "audit library"
(or restarting TSM), the tapes are known by TSM again.
If I remember correctly, that was all we have done. No data were lost.
--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470