ADSM-L

Move from ESS disk 3390-3 to DS8100 disk 3390-9

2005-11-18 08:07:44
Subject: Move from ESS disk 3390-3 to DS8100 disk 3390-9
From: Paul Van De Vijver <Paul.Van.De.Vijver AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:07:28 +0100
Hi,

We are running TSM 5.2.6.0 on Z/OS 1.4

As from next week we are going to  replace our old ESS disk storage  with
DS8100
At this moment we only have 3390 disks model  3 (for DB, Reclog and
storage pools)

We want to use 3390 model 9 on the new DS8100

Some questions :

Is it possible to use a mixed (model 3 and model 9) environment for the
TSM DB ? (and reclog and storage pools)

Do I have to create a new devclass e.g. DISKmod9 ? Or can I just use our
current DISK devclass (see below) ?

Can I just continue using the same allocate and format job to take new
disk volumes in production for TSM ?

Other points to consider ?

Personally I think I do not have to do anything special but just to be
sure I would like to hear some experiences.

Thanks,

Van de Vijver Paul
Honda Europe NV
Belgium

Q devclass disk f=d
             Device Class Name: DISK
        Device Access Strategy: Random
            Storage Pool Count: 5
Last Update by (administrator):
         Last Update Date/Time: 17.10.1994 16:54:00
                   Device Type:
         Maximum Capacity (MB):
       Estimated Capacity (MB):
           Dataset Name Prefix:
                   Mount Limit:
         Mount Retention (min):
                    Label Type:
               Expiration Date:
              Mount Wait (min):
                        Format:
                     Unit Name:
                        Volser:
                   Compression:
                    Protection:
                     Retention:
                   Server Name:
                  Retry Period:
                Retry Interval:
                  Library Name:
                          WORM:

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the
entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you have
received it by mistake, please let the sender know by e-mail reply and delete
it from your system.
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Honda Europe NV is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of
the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its
receipt.