ADSM-L

Re: export / import TDP Notes backup

2005-11-18 03:11:25
Subject: Re: export / import TDP Notes backup
From: Kurt Beyers <Kurt.Beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:11:17 +0100
Del,

It works like a charm, thanks a lot!

I've first renamed the original filespaced to a temporary name and replaced
them then by the imported filespaces. It works too of course but it might be
dangerous to foul with the original file spaces if you let the customer itself
handle it.

But with renaming the servername in the file space, you now see two Server
Notes in the TDP GUI and a restore of an imported Notes database goes directly
to the correct Notes server as they do both belong to the same TSM node.

It's really a good-to-know item. I've tested it with the TDP for SQL too, it
works there too of course.

Still got to test it for Oracle and Informix, but it will work too. Although
there is metadata of the backups in Oracle stored as well (control file or
recovery catalog), so it might be that the original filespace names  should be
used.

But the procedure is rather to occur for a Notes database (lost mail) then for
an Oracle database.

best regards,
Kurt