ADSM-L

export / import TDP Notes backup

2005-11-17 03:40:20
Subject: export / import TDP Notes backup
From: Kurt Beyers <Kurt.Beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:40:07 +0100
Good morning everybody,

At least in Belgium it is morning.

I'm testing the export / import procedures of a node that contains the online
backup of a Notes server.

The backup of the server_notes with the TDP (Win2000, TSM BA client 5.3.2, TDP
Notes 5.1.5.1, TSM server 5.3.2.1 on Windows2003) works fine.

I took then an export of all active backup data and imported again.

The output of 'q fi server_notes' shows now 4 file spaces instead of 2 file
spaces:

tsm: TSM_SERVER1>q fi server_notes
Node Name       Filespace   FSID Platform Filespace Is Files- Capacity   Pct
                Name                      Type        pace        (MB)  Util
                                                    Unicode?
--------------- ----------- ---- -------- --------- --------- -------- -----
SERVER_NO-  SERVER.    1 TDP Dom- API:Domi-    No          0.0   0.0
 TES             .DOMDBS         ino      noData
SERVER_NO-  SERVER     2 TDP Dom- API:Domi-    No          0.0   0.0
 TES             .DOMLOGS        ino      noData
SERVER_NO-  SERVER     3 TDP Dom- API:Domi-    No          0.0   0.0
 TES             .DOMDB1         ino      noData
SERVER_NO-  SERVER     4 TDP Dom- API:Domi-    No          0.0   0.0
 TES             .DOMLOG1        ino      noData

In the output of 'show versions server_notes *', I see also the databases that
belong to the new created file spaces (server.domdb1 and server.domlog1).

But how do I perform a restore from the TDP GUI from the imported data? In the
BA client, you just see two additional file spaces where you can select the
file to restore. How do you  tell the TDP GUI that another file space must be
used for the restore?

best regards,
Kurt