ADSM-L

Re: Backup question - Full and Incremental

2005-11-14 20:06:05
Subject: Re: Backup question - Full and Incremental
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:04:33 -0500
Thanks for the answers on the full/incremental backups.
I did some research on the move node but it looks like you move from one
pool to different pool(could be very confused).  I would like to move
within the same pool but combine all the backups from a node(20+ tapes)
to 1 or 2 tapes within the same pool to help with restores.   Some of
the machines have been backed up for years and the data is spread across
so many tapes.  Can the pools be the same (FROMSTGPOOL and TOSTGPOOL)?
Never used this command before and a little nervous.

Thanks for all the help,
Eric