ADSM-L

Re: Smart reboot for tsm server under solaris

2005-11-11 13:20:33
Subject: Re: Smart reboot for tsm server under solaris
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:19:46 +0100
Lee, Gary D. wrote:
> This is an exploratory message just to reassure myself that I am thinking
> correctly.
>
> We have tsm server v5.2.4 running under solaris 8.
>
> I would like to do a weekly reboot of the server, but during a time period of
> no activity.

one question, why?!?!? Your running on a decent OS, and TSM (at least
5.2.3.5) has been rock solid in the past year. We usually do more than 2
milion session in a run, and only reboot for OS patches and thus have to
restart TSM ;-). This is a reboot once every so many months.

> Also, is there a betterr way to check for a process than
> "ps -ef |grep process name"?

ps -ef |grep dsmserv | grep -v grep

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams