ADSM-L

Re: mvs client

2005-11-10 15:54:40
Subject: Re: mvs client
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:35:22 PST
---------------------------- Top of message ----------------------------
>>--> 11-10-05  12:30  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    [ADSM-L] mvs backup clien

There is a USS (Unix System Services) client for the Unix portion of
z/OS. The rest of the z/OS system is usually backed up with the
DFSMSHSM product, part of the DFSMS group of products introduced in the
late 80s, which provides a very efficient backup/recovery,
migration/recall and general space management functions.  No need for
a TSM client.

Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668