ADSM-L

Re: Data Protection for SQL 5.2.1.03 - Adds SQL Server 2005 Support

2005-11-09 08:38:39
Subject: Re: Data Protection for SQL 5.2.1.03 - Adds SQL Server 2005 Support
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:38:19 -0500
Hi Ruth,

I forgot to answer your x64 question...

Yes, we have plans to add x64 support in 2006.
Of course, I must give the standard disclaimer...
This is a *target* and IBM reserves the right to change plans.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Ruth Mitchell <mitchell AT TC.CORNELL DOT EDU>
11/09/2005 12:26 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Data Protection for SQL 5.2.1.03 - Adds SQL Server 2005 Support

Del,
This is great news. Do you have an estimate how long it'll be
before the IA64 MS hotfix and patch make their way into production
(a couple of weeks, months)? I'm just trying to plan for a new IA64
SQL 2005 deployment (which I was hoping to roll out next week).

Also, is there any support for X64 platforms?

Thanks.
--Ruth Mitchell
  Cornell Theory Center