ADSM-L

Data Protection for SQL 5.2.1.03 - Adds SQL Server 2005 Support

2005-11-08 20:47:33
Subject: Data Protection for SQL 5.2.1.03 - Adds SQL Server 2005 Support
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:47:10 -0500
Who:
   Data Protection for SQL customers running
   on Microsoft SQL Server 2005

What:
   Yesterday, Microsoft officially launched SQL Server 2005.
   Data Protection for SQL can now be used to back up and
   restore Microsoft SQL Server 2005. You will need to
   obtain version 5.2.1.03 of Data Protection for SQL
   in order to perform back up and restore operations with
   Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

Where:
   FTP Site:
      ftp.software.ibm.com
   Directory:

/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/tivoli-data-protection/sql/v521/x32/
   Files:
      IP22699_3.exe            - Self-extracting install file
      IP22699_3_READSQL.TXT    - Data Protection for SQL README File
      IP22699_3_README.FTP     - README File for download

   Direct Link to installation package:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/tivoli-data-protection/sql/v521/x32/

Note: The above is for the 32-bit version. The IA64 version is not
      working due to Microsoft bug#409794. We are waiting for the
      hotfix to be created by Microsoft. Once we obtain the hotfix
      and verify that it works, we will release that version along
      with the information on obtaining the hotfix.

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation