ADSM-L

Database backup tapes taking over

2005-11-08 11:30:46
Subject: Database backup tapes taking over
From: Dennis Melburn W IT743 <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:30:19 -0500
I have noticed that ever since I started using the DRM, alot of my TSM
servers have been steadily decreasing in scratch tapes by alot.  My
servers are scheduled to run a Full Database backup once per day, with a
a Database Snapshot once per week.  The full database copies stay on
site, while the snapshot gets sent off site weekly.  I have the database
expire variable in the DRM set to 14 days.  The question I have is why
do all my sites have like 40-60 database tapes, when there should only
be 14.  Am I doing something wrong?

 Mel Dennis