ADSM-L

Re: Re TDP for Lotus Domino (again)

2005-11-03 09:14:45
Subject: Re: Re TDP for Lotus Domino (again)
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:14:27 -0500
Farren,

You should be happy. Things are working
exactly as they should. That is one of the large
benefits that you get by using transaction logging.
Since every change to a logged database is captured in
the transaction log, you are backing up only the necessary
changes when you back up the transaction logs.
The DBIIDs shouldn't normally change during the week, unless
you run maintenance activity (like compaction)... which most
customers perform on the weekends just before their
full (selective) backups.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/03/2005
08:56:34 AM: