ADSM-L

Re: generic monitoring question

2005-11-02 06:15:38
Subject: Re: generic monitoring question
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 05:15:16 -0600
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005, Volker Maibaum might have said:

> Hello,
>
> is this module compatible to nagios? In which language is it written?
> I made similar plugins (shell scripts) for nagios. But I'm monitoring
> fewer things.

My company has chosen to centralize monitoring to
the NetIQ application. The monitor piece is broken into
two parts, both written in PERL. The first part monitors
TSM and writes to a report/log file. The second piece
that is NetIQ specific reads this file to report back
to NetIQ.

The first piece that monitors TSM you can easily use,
then adapt your own custom second piece.

Mike