ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude list and missed files]

2005-11-01 14:18:43
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude list and missed files]
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:18:21 -0500
Richard,

While I would love to have a separate person to handle TSM Clients much
less TSM as a whole, my team is only 4 strong. We rely pretty heavily on
automation and alerting to let us know when something is wrong.

I actually didn't think about the dsmsched.log. I've gotten a chance to
to parse it and actually see the problem now:

10/28/2005 21:00:39 Incremental backup of volume '\\clanas01\devteam'
10/28/2005 21:01:38 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\clanas01\devteam' failed
10/31/2005 21:00:30 Incremental backup of volume '\\clanas01\devteam'
10/31/2005 21:01:35 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\clanas01\devteam' failed

Everytime this particular share is processed this happens. All the other
shares are actually backing up properly.

One thing I wondered is since the client service runs as a system
account, should I still have to worry about permissions on the share itself?