ADSM-L

Re: TSM client 2GB memory limitation?

2005-10-27 13:25:39
Subject: Re: TSM client 2GB memory limitation?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:26:22 -0700
See article 1197422  at the TSM support web page.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-10-27
09:57:00:

> According to APAR IC46817 the TSM client has a limitation on 32 bit
> windows platform of only using 2GB of memory and backing up 1 million
> files uses approx. 300MB of memory so 7million+ files will causes the
> TSM client to shutdown since the 2GB limit will be reached.  I have a
> system with 15 million+ files and directories on one file system.  If I
> upgrade this system to 64bit Windows and use the 64bit TSM client will
> that over come the 2GB limitation?  I know online snapshot is another
> option but I am not sure how that would work on a 300GB SAN volume.

> This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
> addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
> responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
> disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
> taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this
> e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact
Health