ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad - applet communication

2005-10-25 22:32:02
Subject: Re: dsmcad - applet communication
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:43:15 -0500
Lookup the option "webports" in the client manual.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

             Ryan P
             <ryanp AT HHSYS DOT ORG>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       dsmcad - applet communication

             10/25/2005 02:29
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I'm running the webclient on a server that is behind a firewall, of course
only allowing specific traffic that is needed.  Well I open 1581 so you
can access the webclient page and of course that works.  But then it loads
the java applet and it seems to be wanting to connect to the server on
various ports from the local machine - 58357, 58733, 35060. Does anyone
know if in fact this is completely random or is there something I could
configure to specify one or range of ports?

Note: This email is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  Contact the sender if received in error.