ADSM-L

100% utilization on a windows 2003 server sp1 with TMS 5.3

2005-10-21 06:49:32
Subject: 100% utilization on a windows 2003 server sp1 with TMS 5.3
From: Raymond <info AT RAYBO DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:02:00 )
Dear TSM Guru's,

I am totaly new on TSM. At the moment we are running Windows 2003 server
with SP1 on it. We have a diskpool at a SAN. The diskpool is configured in
his own Array, the Array is about 400 GB.

TSM 5.3 is installed with latest Service patches so also Open File option
will work with windows 2003. When we schedule a backup with tsm the Windows
2003 server is getting locked up with a 100% utilization. I first tought it
was my Virusscanner so i disabled all services but its not the Virusscanner.
When i am connected to the machine trying to backup with RDP, I notice that
my session is getting locked. When i logoff from the machine, I can't
connect again.

You are still able to give a network ping to the machine but no RDP is
possible anymore, also when you look at jobs scheduled on the TSM console
you also notice that no data is getting back tothe server. Only hard reset
at the front of the machine will get you back up running.

Does anybody on this forum has same problems with TSM 5.3 with Windows 2003
server.

I hope somebody can answer me.

Regards,

Raybonl