ADSM-L

ISC and logcopy error

2005-10-20 05:18:31
Subject: ISC and logcopy error
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:18:17 +0200
Another error:

Using the ISC it's not possible to create a mirror of a log volume using
raw logical volumes. Each time I select "Mirror this volume" and specify
the path of the rlv (/dev/rtsmlog3) the process ends with the error message:
ANR7862W File Already exists when creating volume /dev/rtsmlog3
I have to use the command line and create the mirror manually:
define logcopy /dev/rtsmlog1 /dev/rtsmlog3
--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470