ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3.2 and old Web Interface - Opening new window

2005-10-19 11:15:55
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3.2 and old Web Interface - Opening new window
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:15:33 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Helder Garcia
>I have TSM 5.3.2 running on AIX 5.3 and installed the old web admin
>interface. First I had problems receiving Page Not Found errors. I
>reloaded the aix.idl and it seems to work now.
>But when I click some menu link on the left side, what was supposed to
>appear at the right side of the page is being opened always on a new
>window. I'm using Firefox but I dont think this is browser related. I
>found some guys complaining about this issue but without resolution:
>
>http://my.adsm.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB_14&file=in
dex&action=viewtopic&topic=5226&forum=21&2

>Anyone have good news for it? The customer really want to continue to
>use the old interface but this way is very bad.

You're likely out of luck. The old interface was not built for TSM 5.3,
and the process to get that interface to work with 5.3 is a jury-rigged
cluster at best.

Embrace the command-line (it's not that hard), or bite the bullet and
install the Administration Center.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
 Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627