ADSM-L

Fw: Determining which side of an optical platter a file is on?

2005-10-18 21:05:01
Subject: Fw: Determining which side of an optical platter a file is on?
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:04:45 -0400
JD,

The "query content" output is in sequential order of how the files are
found on the volume.  Since the platters are written as a sequential
volume, first the front, then the back, you can take the "query content"
output, and minimize manipulation of the cartridge itself by requesting the
files in that order.  That jumps the answer to your question (I don't think
there's an easy way to get what you want, if there's a way at all), but it
gets you close to the action you're looking for.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 10/18/2005 09:01 PM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/18/2005
08:49:03 PM: