ADSM-L

Re: Moving TSM from one OS to another

2005-10-17 18:00:02
Subject: Re: Moving TSM from one OS to another
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:59:00 -0400
Nope . . . .sorry.

We migrated a TSM server from HPUX to AIX.  Most nodes we
exported/imported.  But for some BIG nodes, we defined them as new to the
new TSM instance and let it do a full backup.  Then we let the old backups
expire off the old server.  We were only able to do this for a few of the
big nodes that had short retensions.

Rick

             Farren Minns
             <fminns AT WILEY DOT CO.
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Moving TSM from one OS to another

             10/17/2005 11:36
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi all  (sorry, I sent this last email with the wrong heading, oops)

I have another quick question for you re moving TSM from one OS to another.
I have already had some great replies on this subject (thank you), but my
new question is this.

I understand that you can't simply move database volumes from one OS to
another, but can you use something like dumpdb or unloaddb and then
load/import the database information to another TSM server running on a
different OS?

Many thanks in advance

Farren Minns
John Wiley & Sons Ltd

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.