ADSM-L

Re: Query for schedule and node

2005-10-14 07:43:52
Subject: Re: Query for schedule and node
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:34:49 +0100
Geoff,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that what you're asking for is the
classic SQL union of 2 select statements. As I understand it, this is
possible in a traditional DB2, but the union & intersect operations are
not available in the TSM SQL subset. The closest I can manage is the
following

select A.SCHEDULE_NAME,NODE_NAME,ACTION,STARTDATE,STARTTIME,DURATION
from client_schedules A, associations

Unfortunately, this gives you the duplicate information for every
nodename in the schedule. You want the much tidier output of a single
entry for each schedule, nodename, etc etc and then a following list of
the nodenames.

I can't get this in one single select statement. The only solution I can
manage would be to script it.

Leigh