ADSM-L

Re: HP-UX/VxFS/ACL

2005-10-13 12:25:08
Subject: Re: HP-UX/VxFS/ACL
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:24:37 +0200
Problem solved.
Turned out to be a HPUX-bug introduced by fix PHKL_31500.
Applied PHKL_32272 which addressed this kernel-bug..

I have, however, one problem resulting from this that really IS a TSM-problem.

This error caused many (=> 1 mill) files to be backed together with
"garbage-ACLS".
I consider trying to delete these backup-copies.

ACL's are not not used on these filesystems, so if I had a way to discover
which files were backed up because of a change in the ACL, I could make a list
and delete backup-copies based on that list.

Any ideas anyone?